Wednesday, May 9, 2007

relying on the improbable - READ THIS FIRST

I always thought that I would start a family by having a baby in a traditional way, you know...falling in love, getting married, months of planning...then on the predetermined date...candles, a night alone, and then nine painfully pleasurable months later...an amazingly, perfectly peculiar child keeping me up at night. Then over the years, I would bake pies, take the kids to soccer practice and coach the team, make the world more beautiful, vote with my heart, be a friend to those in need, save the world, and be a loving wife as well as a patient mother to my children.

Yet, what I have come to realize, is that my life is not often what I have planned. And, in most cases, life has given me gifts that have been far greater that anything I would have imagined for myself.

It never occurred to me that I would be using the internet as a tool to bring children into our family and home. Yet, for some reason, this method, although possibly less romantic than the way most children come into families, makes sense to me.

I actually met my wonderful husband through a large network of contacts. So it makes sense that our family may grow through the benefit of mass electronic communication.

-Alisa

1 comment:

  1. Alisa, good to hear from you. sorry about the difficult times you all have been passing through (that includes living in Texas...just kidding). I hope your families are continuing to rally together.

    Your blog is great. they really are a good way to keep in touch with one another. and I think it will prove useful in your endeavors. whatever child ends up in your home, it will be blessed beyond measure to have parents like the two of you. Stay optimistic. I wish you good luck.

    jeff

    ReplyDelete