Tuesday, September 22, 2009

playground fun







On Sunday afternoon, at the end of a great family weekend, we went for a relaxing drive and decided to stop and let the babies get out a move around a little bit (ok...so they demanded that we let the out).

We have had a wonderful anniversary weekend. Four years ago Lonnie and I were married. I am more in love with him today that I was then. To celebrate our anniversary we spent a night away from the kids. Our fabulous friends (who shall not be named in an effort to keep them from being over-run by other parents, but we will add that we, especially the kids, love these two fabulous women) graciously agreed to watch our sweet ones on Friday night and Saturday morning so we could get away. The kids seemed to have a great time and as far as we know didn't complain about having us gone.

Lonnie and I stayed at a great hotel in downtown Houston, right near the Theater District and went out to a nice dinner. It was a nice relaxing break knowing that the babies were being well taken care while we had a night off from our parental responsibilities. Unfortunately this was running though my head all night long. I guess I wasn't able to turn the mom-switch all the way off.

We arrived home on Saturday during the babies morning nap. They were pretty excited to see us when they work up, but didn't seem to have missed us at all.

2 comments:

  1. great pictures! especially the second to last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They just always make me smile and brighten my day. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete