Thursday, March 4, 2010

duck potty

I bought a baby potty this week because Maya has been communicating more about when she needs to go. I thought I would put it in the bathroom and let the kids just get used to it a little and then maybe start toilet training Maya in a couple of weeks. While I was changing diapers yesterday morning I asked the kids if they wanted to sit on it. Maya went first and wasn't very interested. I sat Max on the potty while I got Maya dressed for the day. Much to my surprise Max peed in the potty. It might have just been the excitement over the ducks on the potty chair (ducks are Max's current fascination), but he did it again two more times that day and the did it again once today. Of the five times I have asked him if he wants to sit on the potty he has peed four times. I don't want to push my luck and think that it is going to be easy with him, but it was pretty exciting to have one of the twins, at least for the moment, learn how to use the potty on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment