Saturday, July 28, 2007

my brother

My youngest brother Mike is on a break from his Navy schooling right now. He only has a little over a week off, but he came to spend a couple days with us here in Houston before heading home to California.

Mike is 10 years younger than I am. When he was born, I was convinced that he was my own personal doll, brought home for me to love and adore. I used to fall asleep on the floor of his room so I could be the one to take care of him in the middle of the night when he woke up. I would even ask him to call me mom.

He has always been the peacemaker in our family. I remember several times as a child, after getting in an argument with one of my family members, that little Mike would come into my room, rub my back and tell me that he loved me. He is not so little anymore, but he still is a great person to have around when things are tough.

Mike joined the Navy about a year ago. He wanted to do something meaningful and service oriented. Although we worry about him, we are proud of the service he is willing to offer.

My sisters and me kissing our cute sailor.

Me, Laura (sister), Mike, Aimee (sister) and Abby (my sister-in-law, wife of my other brother Andrew)

We took these photos over Christmas when we were all in California.

-Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment