Friday, October 24, 2008

she's back

Maya had a happy day today and she napped!

My sweet, happy, and well rested girl.

I was so happy that she decided to nap again today. The last week and a half had been pretty tough. Maya has been quite fussy and not napping well. I'm not sure which started first, the not napping or the fussiness, but they feed on each other and made our sweet baby into quite the grump. We thought the root of the problem might be teething but still no teeth have appeared.

Here's a few things I tried differently today.
1. Let the babies sleep together again. They took all their naps in the same bed.
2. I snuggled the babies and had some more quiet time than normal before putting them down for naps.
3. I tried hard not to stress too much (when I stress, the babies stress...it helped that I went to bed at 9pm last night so I was well rested today).
4. We fed the babies a different brand of formula than we had been giving them for the last week or so (they get one bottle a day, just before going to sleep).

Maybe the changes helped. Maybe they just took it easy on me for one day. Who knows....



Just in case I am starting to get over confident, Maya also gave me a warning glare to let me know that she is still in charge.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture of them sleeping together...SO cute :-)! And I think the "teething" signs start long before the teeth actually pop through sometimes. Maya sure has a cute smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just to echo marci, the teething thing can go on for a while (just a warning) but i hope her good nap is a sign of future good naps to come

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for sleeping babies! Hooray for happy/unstressed mommy! I'm glad you finally got a good day in. And I hope today went just as well. I think it's so cool that the babies' sleeping together helps. I can't wait to see what other cool twin connections they have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I hope it continues!!!! Also, I used to work at an orthodontist office and both of the doctors I worked with said that teeth can come up to the surface and then go back down a little bit many many many times before they actually erupt. It still might be teething and it could take a few months for them to actually appear in the mouth as they go back and forth, sometimes making her super fussy and other times she'll be fine. FUN, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest I am scared quite scared of the teething preview that we had for the last week and a half. I guess it is good to have the warnings and just deal with it as it comes.

    Marci- I also really loved your advice to blame any sleeping or grumpiness issues on teething...at least it keeps me from going crazy while worrying about what might be wrong.

    Thanks for all the support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gabe is acting just like Maya- grumpy, won't nap well, just not himself. I'm not looking foward to the likely months of teething ahead. I want my quiet time back!

    ReplyDelete