Monday, October 20, 2008

thing one and thing two



We have noticed that Max has an almost uncontrollable smile. Even when he is a bit sad, tired, and/or hungry, if we smile at him, he will smile back.

Maya has been spending a lot of time lately with at least one fist in her mouth. She has also been having a harder time sleeping lately and has been more grumpy than her normal happy self. We are thinking the combination of fist-munching and grumpiness might be early signs of teething. The babies are only five months old, which is a little young to be teething, but my mom has said that I had a tooth come in at four months old. Any suggestions for dealing with teething, fussy babies would be appreciated. We've tried frozen teething rings and the like.

These cute onesies were given to us by my long time friend Tara and her husband Jeff. We love them (the outfits and the friends)! Our little "Things" first wore these outfits when we went to library story time, which is starting to become part of our weekly schedule. The kids seem to really enjoy the singing and the movement along with looking at the books and other babies in the room. When the babies wore these onesies, we appropriately read Dr. Seuss books.

On other occasions, Maya has worn the Thing 1 onesie because she was born first. This morning, Lonnie put the Thing 1 on Max as a reward for being such a good boy lately (very little crying and grumpiness like the other one). I am always telling Lonnie that we need to try to not compare them too much. :)

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big they are getting! Those onesies are SO great :-)! Did you go to the Maud Marks library? When my girls were teething they liked to chew on the little baby toothbrushes (with nothing on them) - I think Baby Orajel makes them - they are blue and fit on your finger with little bumps on one side. They are pretty easy for them to hold and felt good on their gums I think. I always blame grumpy behavior and sleeping issues on teething though- it makes me feel better :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the onesies. Very darling. Teething is a manifestation of our cruel world. That the teeth just bust through baby gums. I used orajel, tylenol and a little rubber toy but it's just awful I tell you. Awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love to chew the top of an empty infants tylenol bottle. I also used Hyland's teething tablets which are homeopathic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how much fun are you going to have with these twins? those shirts are great!

    yeah, she's old enough to start teething; grace had a tooth by four months. my other three were later though. i don't remember what i did for them. lots of walks, occasional tylenol or orajel? i DO remember the time jake cut five teeth in one week when i was on vacation. poor guy, he was unhappy the whole time. i remember pushing him in the stroller up and down my grandparents' driveway. fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I totally need to get my hands on some of those; thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the advice, it will be put to good use.

    Yes, we have been going to the Maud Marks library. We are really excited about the Halloween party this week, it will give us another chance to wear their costumes.

    ReplyDelete